Job Title: Field Service Representative
Date Written: April 6, 2012
Division: Injection Molding Division
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL or southern Indiana area
Supervisor: Service Manager, Elk Grove Village, IL
FT/PT: Full-Time, 35 hrs/week plus 10 hrs/week OT
Toshiba Machine Co., America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including plastic injection molding machines. The principal responsibility of the Field Service Representative is to provide service, and technical support to users of our injection molding machines, primarily at customer sites.
- Travel to customer sites throughout North America to service plastic injection molding machines, including; troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, installation, installation start-up, etc.
- Be “on-call” for emergency dispatch to customer sites as required.
- Provide telephone service support to customers when in the office.
- Assist with modification and re-assembly of in-house machines when not travelling.
- Any others duties and tasks, consistent with your experience and abilities, which may be assigned.
- Five (5) years experience servicing plastic injection molding machines.
- Both electrical and hydraulic experience, including the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematic drawings.
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Bi-lingual capability, English / Spanish, a significant plus.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record free of serious incidents, such as DUI’s.
- The ability to safely lift 70 pounds and work in awkward positions such as; kneeling, bending, reaching (under machines, above machines, etc.).
- Manufacturing conditions at a wide variety of customer sites. These facilities may have certain standards, which all vendors must meet in order to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background and health screening. Employment is contingent on employee’s compliance to the standards established by each such facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screening.
- Up to 90% of work time will require travel to work sites throughout North America, with occasional travel to Central and South America possible.
If you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-847-709-7352 and reference the job number.